Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

This has not been proofread


nor edited to fill the time allotted


There’s no one in my pod, and I’ve completed all of my work. My boss isn’t here. He should have

been here almost an hour ago. He probably decided to take a half-day or the entire day off. Hopefully, it’s the latter. There are a lot of things I need to take care of in the next few days to tie up loose ends and prepare everything for the move. Switch over car payments, car insurance and phone payments, finalize all health insurance issues, contact the American Heart Association early next week to discuss the positions I’ve submitted my resume for and organize a interview with they and other agencies in the DFW area, buy a plane ticket…blah blah blah.


As it stands right now, however, I’m here. I’ve sent over all my corrections, answers and

questions for the quiz I began working on yesterday for proofing, and I’ve checked over everything to ensure there are no more glaring issues that I could correct myself. Perhaps I’m working too quickly. I’m completing my assignments so quickly that I’m shooting myself in the foot. After all, if I finish everything early I’m less likely to stay here for a long period of time; because, everything will be done. That, and most temps take such a lot time to complete these tasks that I’m afraid I look like an over achiever. Like I’ve shot so high that when it takes me a bit longer (than these previous tasks) to complete something the people around here may begin to wonder what’s wrong.


Really, there’s nothing wrong. It’s just that sometimes I’ve able to get the job done quickly and

efficiently and other I labor over. Like the resume I sent out today. The things should have been sent out Sunday or Monday, but I had to take my time to mull over the damn thing. I proofed it to death, and I guarantee there will still be mistakes or issues that should have been resolved easily. That’s the story of it all though, right. Get everything done quickly and calmly and you’ll succeed. Drive yourself crazy over something and you’re far less likely to get things anywhere close to right. It’s an issue of questioning yourself. The more you question, the less you feel as though you’re able to or should be able to fulfill a task.



I’d like to move tomorrow; to get it done instead of taking my sweet time to get my ass out of here

and into my new place. I think it boils down to the same situation: I’m afraid that if I spend a lot of time on it I’ll miss out. Patience is one thing, drive is another, and I’m trying to perform a balancing act. Hey, buddy, could you help a guy out by spinning that plate I have going on the stick balanced on my forehead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home