Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The CEO has assigned you as the leader of your group...


As I sit here thinking about the likelihood that anyone visits this thing anymore I’m singing Toxic

by Britney Spears. I’m not exactly sure. Needless-to-say, I needed to get my mind off the song and onto something unrelated.


I’m sitting at this crappy computer again getting more work done as whore of this department. Thus

far I’ve: edited, proofread, wrote explanations to go along with the answers to quiz questions, web-published, filed, and stuff envelopes. It doesn’t seem to be slowing down even with the three-day week. It’s odd to think that there are days when I actually wish I were here. Money is drying up, and paychecks are sent out late because of my manager’s inability to sign my timecard. Yesterday I wished I had been working. Able to make more, get away more, and think about this move…more.


People are questioning why I’m moving. All right, actually, people have been extremely supportive

and I haven’t told everyone what I’m planning, and probably should. I’m scared really. Of the positive, negative or indifferent responses my friends might make – the only friends around here I actually spend time with (Brandon and Greg). I’m not sure if they’ll resent me, if they’ll be excited or sad. I really have no idea. And I’m relatively scared to hear their response. Though my excuse for not saying anything has been that I’m not even sure that the move is definite, even if in my head I’ll be gone at the end of January. It’s not a good excuse. It’s a terrible excuse. And I’ll have to say something in the next few days, so that when I actually am preparing to make the move I’ll have friends to help me pack and wave goodbye as I drive south with a U-Haul in tow.


Honestly, there are quite a few things I’m terrified about. That’s where I really am, terrified. I’m

about to take a huge step into the relatively unknown. It’s been over fifteen years since I’ve lived in Texas and I’m about to just move right back out there. My drums in padded cases, suitcases stacked up and IKEA furniture, still in their boxes, along the sides. I’ll try to bring some of the things that will remind me of home without the cumbersome things that will make me homesick. I’m not exactly sure what those things are, but I’ll figure that out later. Hopefully with my friends who won’t want to string me up and beat upon my person with a Slugger.


I suppose I just have a lot of things to worry and be frightened about, and a lot to look forward to.

Assure me that I have more of the later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home