Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

It comes right back to moving


I made a bonehead move asking if the women in the pod over needed any help. Actually, I hoped

that they would tell me they didn’t and that I could go home. Instead, I’m doing customer service data entry and filing. Neither of which I entirely enjoy. For a while there I was actually doing work that I was suited for (proofing, editing and writing) and now I’m reduced to the work of a robot. A sophisticated robot. Should have just kept my mouth shut, and left. I could have emailed Mike (he was, in fact, ill) when I got home. Not even entirely sure that he’ll be in tomorrow. Phone calls could have been made, MVP Baseball played instead I am dismayed…that’s some rhyming for all y’all out there. Actually, I probably would be better here, making the money to pay off the new cell phone and service I purchased, through Amir and his roommate, last night. Better to be sitting at an uncomfortable chair, in a dusty cubical, on a crappy computer.
Interestingly enough, I got back from lunch only to find that the manager who is supposed to be showing me what to do next is not here, and I’m writing this. That, and all I can think about is the move.


Excitement or fear? You be the judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home