Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I’m too nice for my own good. So, I’ve offered my chair up to a few people, it was brand new and comfortable as hell, knowing they could benefit from it more than I, and they’ve all said no thanks. I’ve asked, they weren’t interested. Then, this manager comes over and tells me about this project she wants me to take care of. I say sure, get all the information down and wait for her to send me all the files that need to be converted to html. Then, she notices that I have a new chair and inquires about it. I tell her, she’s pregnant and would need it, that she’s welcome to it but she declines my offer. That’s fine. I get to keep the thing. Hell yes. Oh, wait, then she comes back with an old, extremely crappy chair that is practically falling apart. She tells me that someone in the pod over has a bad back and she’s going to go give him my chair. Now, she didn’t so much ask me if it would be all right to trade chairs as much as she told me. As I said, I’m pretty open to helping people out, especially people with bad backs, but don’t demand something of me that I don’t have to do. So now I’m sitting in a terrible chair that’s hurting my back, that leans back near the ground when you sit in the damn thing. It’s great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home