Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Feats in snow


So far there’s been about thirteen or fourteen inches dropped near my house, a little less in other

places. Plows have decided that my street is less important than others so its only been plowed once and that was a day ago, when the snow was a it’s halfway mark. Needless to say, there’s a hell of a lot of snow sitting on the street I live on. What’s worse than that? Why, my neighbors being douchebags, that’s what. See, there’s this family who lives down at the end of the block and another that lives directly next to us, and their friends. They hang out, have parties together and the husbands love the drinking. Why does that make them douchebags? Ah, well, they’ve decided to help each other out when it comes to the snow. I was out shoveling the driveway, to my back’s chagrin, when I notice that end-of-the-block neighbor is coming down the sidewalk with his snowblower. “Nice,” I think to myself, that makes my job a lot easier. Right. Well, it would have if he hadn’t stopped right in front the driveway, turned around (while staring right at me) and went back the other way. Woo! The fun doesn’t stop there. Later that night, next-door neighbor is out snowblowing his driveway and the sidewalk, and he decides to take care of the whole sidewalk up until my driveway. He went toward our house, stopped near the same place as end-of-the-block neighbor, turned around and when all the way to the end of the block. Now, I’ve always known that this guy is a jackass. Yells at his kids, his wife, tells his kids to go out and “find something to do” while he and his wife watch “adult movies” (which is what the kids call them), and piss us and the neighbors on his other side (the Daniels, our friends) by making bawdy comments. This just made me angrier. THEN! This morning, as I fumble around with a shovel to clear the way for my parents and I to get out (which included shoveling the street, thank you snowplows) I look over to see that end-of-the-block neighbor, giving my next-door neighbor’s driveway the one-over with his snowblower. He looks over at me, straight-faced, and continues to finish and go right back down to his house.


Am I over-analyzing this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home