Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Friday, January 14, 2005

388 Words, not including this title


or any html code


Generally I’ll write something while I’m supposed to be doing something else. For some reason

that’s how I work. It’s sad, I’ll agree, and I can’t say I’m proud of this behavior, but it’s never the less the truth. Right now, however, I have nothing to do. This leaves me in a conundrum. If I have nothing to do, meaning that right now I have no tasks that I am to complete - unless I go around and act like a sucker asking people if they might have work for me to do – in this immediate block of time (actually any time), then how is it that I’m able to write? It’s an interesting question I raise of myself. As I stare at this computer screen (I include this line in so many blog entries its truly mind boggling) and notice that I have a significant amount of “wordage” on this page (152 words before I added this). Things seem to be flowing freely for some reason. And I have nothing to do. My rational for this is that I’m writing about how I shouldn’t be writing. It’s a reverse psychology of sorts. An exercise to force myself to type something out, regardless, ignoring my lack of work. I’ve, in essence, tricked myself into the process. And I like it. I’m intrigued by the idea that I am able to construct sentences and ramble on for a while (247 words before I added this) without my normal motivation. Actually, the real fuel, that I can think of, for me lately, besides starving work, has been the move and my interview next week (Oh, come on, you knew I would start talking about both those things.), but that will not be the subject matter of this entry. It will simply be a glance, a short (short) tangent taken as this thing continues meandering.


I’ve been told that there will be a large project for me next week sometime. They’re not sure when

it will be ready to be tackled. Hopefully sometime soon. It would give me some fuel. I’m sputtering out. Leaving to hang out with Sara, whom I haven’t seen in almost two years (damnit!), for the night in a few minutes. I suppose, for the time being, I’ll just search the net for airfares, apartments and …aphids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home