Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Today was a different kind of day. I would like to think that I'm a tolerant person. When annoying

or angering situations present themselves I would like to think that I'm able to compose myself and deal with them. I also don't like to write angry; which is why I haven't written anything at all until I left the office and am away from the annoying and angering situation which has presented itself. When I got my job I was excited to be getting my own office. To have the freedom to relax in that office, and get my work done. That has changed. No longer is it my office. It is David and Andy's office. Now, while it is true that we are required to be on the phone, calling candidates it is not a requirement to be so loud that it actually bothers the other person. Yet, there we are. Many times I will be talking and can't hear a word that person is saying because of Andy's volume. He is so loud that Melissa, who has the office next to mine, has to close her door. That's a bit excessive.


I'm not a confrontational person either. I tend to deal with situations differently, and pray that they

work themselves out and get better. So, I waited. It is at this point that I've reached my end. Three times while I have been on the phone with a candidate I have been shushed by this man. Three times. A man whose volume annoys the person in the next office. Actually, to be more specific, twice he shushed me and once he snapped his fingers at me. He would then, after getting off the phone, proceed to act like we were friends. Joking with me about one thing or the other. He is acting as if I am his subordinate. I am not. We are equals in that office, and there is no reason for it. If he is trying to exert himself as the alpha male, I don't know for how long I can keep calm. Like I said, I'm a tolerate person. It takes a lot to anger me to the point where I have to say something. I have reached that point. My eyes are twitching, I can't sleep, and I'm dreading coming in to work. That is nowhere near the environment anyone should be working in.


To that end, tomorrow I will be sitting down with my boss explaining the problem and, hopefully,

coming to a conclusion; because, frankly, I can't work there if this situation continues. And that's it.


Sorry for wasting anyone who is reading this' time. I just needed to get all this out.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home