Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Matthew's Response to Part of the October 13th Presidential Debate:


"Essentially:


Q.) Mr. President, how do you help someone who just watched their job get outsourced to a foreign country?


A.) Send 'em back to school?

Yeah, and uh, that's great. How do they afford it? Community college? HA! Not if I want the kind of job I think I should have. What if I already have a four-year degree and my job gets outsourced? What then? More college?! I don't have the money!! More loans?! Yeah, right!"


So, basically, the words of Professor Farnsworth come to mind, "Have you priced those lately? I'm not made of money, leave me alone."

4 Comments:

  • At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Continuing:

    Send me back to school, Mr. President? Say I'm a 34-year-old guy with a four-year degree, two kids and a wife who doesn't make enough money to support us all if I should go back to school.

    What do you tell me now?

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger David Precht said…

    The President's response has been, "That's why we gave you the tax break."
    That's supposed to pay for schooling for me and sustain my family?! Are you crazy?
    It's short sighted and naive.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm George W. Bush, and Hooked on Phonics works for me.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger David Precht said…

    Meh, he can't speak intelligently. That's not the problem. The problem is that people believe that his inability to speak makes him more like the common-man. That he relates to them more because he misspeaks. That's a huge problem. Isn't the president supposed to represent the nation not to be a "regular Joe". The president should exhibit greatness, a quality this country has in gusto. Also, he/she should embody all the things that are good in the country not those who coasted through college with a C average and a near mouthal-paralysis when speaking in public.
    Greatness in my president and a representation of the people as a whole, that’s what I’m looking for, and what we’re presented with are not even close. We have a Robot and a Monkey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home