Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Monday, October 11, 2004

New guy day

hooray, or some crap


So, there's a new guy starting today. I had been perfectly fine with the idea of being 'coached',

in a manner of speaking, by a pro, but they've decided to put the guy in my office. Sounds selfish of me? Damn right! This was my office. My first office, ever. I had it all to myself. I could drop a CD and listen while I searched or called people. Can that still happen with another dude in the room. It's not a big office, by the way. No dividers or anything to separate us. Just his loud, phone calling ass and me.


I probably shouldn't be this abrasive before the guy starts. Should give him a chance, and things

will probably be fine. I'm just scared. Did I think I was the Alpha Male or something? Probably not. Do I think that my job security is an issue; yeah, I do. Who's to know if this guy won't just take my damn job. I thought I had been doing well, but when I get frustrated or down on what's happening, I lose it. Start making a lot of mistakes. And that's what I think is going to happen.


Call me crazy, neurotic, or whatever - all are true - but I'm worried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home