Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Friday, October 01, 2004

An email I got this morning:


Subject line: "Meet quality Christians


Body: "Are you Christian? Are you Single? We have the solution for you! At WhereChristiansMeet, you can meet like-minded Christians that are also single! This isn't an ONLINE dating site full of fake profiles! These are REAL PEOPLE just like you. Click the link below and meet someone REAL today!"


So, I don't so much dislike the segregational idea - although it is segregation based on religion, but that's someone's prerogative regardless; I don't have to like it (that's was my disclaimer) - as much as I just think the subject line and content are funny. Sounds like they're selling knives.


"This is a quality Christian. See how easily they cut through Islamic fundamentalism, and ignore the scrabbled channels on TV. We're talking about a solid oak foundation and spirit. Comes from a extremely versed family. No drinking here folks. 100% stainless and drug free."


That's just funny.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What is wrong with people coming together with a common interest, if Christianity is important to someone why shouldn't they be allowed to meet others who feel the same way? If there was an interest group for the Bahai faith don't even try to tell me you wouldn't be interested. I think it is easy to call Christians judgemental while being judgemental yourself.
    (I shall step down from my soap box now)
    Miss you! We should talk sometime soon!
    Mere

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just want to know where all my quality junk e-mails have gone. You know, the ones telling me how I can increase my cock weight.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger David Precht said…

    Mere, I wasn't calling anyone judgmental. I thought the way they wrote the email was funny.
    While I do find it amazing that people think they can judge someone based on their religious affiliation that was not the aim of this post. In fact, I was just poking fun at the way the email itself. It's construction and wording instead of its subject matter. The email made people seems like items to be sold instead of people.
    If people want to utilize a dating service that is completely up to them. In fact, I believe it takes a lot of guts, instead of desperation, to post your information out there, and to admit that you may need some help instead of complaining about it. I respect that.
    As far as Christianity being a common interest, that's a bit vague. With the overwhelming amount of sects and groups it's very difficult to gauge if people are compatible if simply based on the disposition that they are "Christian". If they're able to, and I'm assuming they have, get past this issue then things are a lot easier, and I would say that this service may work out quite well.
    Me using a Bahai dating service? No. That's not to say dating services aren't good or don’t work -- as stated above, I agree that they are beneficial -- more that they're not for me.
    Penis enlargement, indeed. “Do you have a wheelbarrow or something? Something with wheels.”
    That's my essay. Thanks for letting me bore you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home