Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Monday, October 04, 2004

I hope the Yankees, collectively, get severely bad diarrhea


I was going to write something about the end of the regular season, and the beginning of October Fever, but there's no point. I mean, I rooted for the Astros, but they weren’t my top pick. And who's to say they'll have what it takes to get through the Braves, and the Cardinals (let’s face it, the Dodgers aren’t going to do squat), and then who ever wins in the AL race (my bet is between Boston and New York; Boston being the team I would like to see). But the reality boils down to a simple question: "Where are the Cubs?" Their offense fell apart, and left them a'whining and a’complaining at coaches and announcers. That's where. The staff that was to break "the curse" and bulldoze through to the World Series aren't even the Wild Card. That's just sad. It ends and Chicago loses a sportscaster (I really didn't like Chip Caray all that much, but firing him [assuming that is what happened, and I think it is] for speaking the truth, that's just wrong), maybe two, and have a mountain of players that won't be here next year. How long we've fallen.


My dad's comments are correct though when asked "What now?" "We root for the team that will humiliate the Yankees." Whoever they are I will raise my mug to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home