Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Monday, August 23, 2004

It is now time for today's 'Story of the Day'


now with more inane rambling

Today's 'Story of the Day' comes from the office.


When I first started working here the water cooler sat against the far wall. Directly next to said

water cooler was a table with water jugs underneath. From this vantage point the water cooler seemed very happy. Near it's refillable brethren and the table/bivouac. At around my forth day the jug was empty and needed refilling. Now, I thought to myself, "I can do this. These are the easy to refill jugs." Right? NO! In fact, they had no mechanism to stop the water from flowing out upon reversal of jug. Water would just pour out of the damn thing as a jug should. It was my worst nightmare. What would happen if I turned the jug over and it splashed all over me? Why couldn't they have gotten the jugs with the caps to limit flow? Why?!


I got up the courage to grab the old jug. Pulled it up slow to insure that all the water flowed into

the cooler basin. I looked down to see if the basin had the nozzle necessary to house and operate the attachment equipped jug; it did not. Well, that just made things worse. Here I am wanting to make it easy for whomever has to flip the jug over but I can't because the cooler doesn't have the nozzle. Damn you, Hinckley Springs!


Anyway, ha ha ha. To make a long story short the water jug is incredibly happy in it's new home

across the room next to the refrigerator/microwave combo, and it makes us happier that we don't have to drag our mug and tea bags across the room to get water. I mean, what a hassle that was.


Thank you.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger David Precht said…

    I need a drink of water. Ah, man. Someone move the water cooler. Now I have to walk all the way over there. But my legs are tired. Ahhhh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home