Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Friday, August 13, 2004

Don't ask me why, I don't know


Essentially, I have a prejudice for those named Tommy. I don't know why. I think it has something

to do with the way that people say the name. Tommy. Obviously there are going to be a plentitude of different ways to say any name, but Tommy seems to be very unilateral. Tommy; said with a Italian air. The only other name that I can think of that carries that same Italian inflection is Vito and I like the name Vito. It's a funny name, but not Tommy. Tommy. Sounds like the name you yell out when someone drops a full glass of fruit punch onto a white, short carpet. TOMMY! See, then someone could say, "well, what about Bobby or Billy or Jimmy?" I say, "What about Matty?" It just doesn't carry the same instant connection that Tommy does. I see Tommy as a negative name. Bobby, Billy and Jimmy are all child-like names to me, but Tommy's just the worst.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I say, what about Davey?

    Or ballsy?

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger David Precht said…

    I don't mind if others are named Davey. Doesn't work for me though.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I'll call you Tainty.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger David Precht said…

    That taint bad. Woo! Puns are terrible!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home