Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Think outside the box.
Does that data match our statistical numbers?
Uh huh, uh huh, right right right.


Everyone is in a meeting with one of our publishing editors, and I'm here at my desk

waiting for said meeting to conclude. I've prepared a few reports and a walk through so that he will better understand the new software we're using for statistical analysis. I'm sure he'll be confused. Ask lots of questions that I'll have no answers to. That’s how it goes though. It may be a better idea to brush up on my execu-speak and buzzword spouting. That way he’ll understand what I’m saying. Quite honestly, I have no idea how these people operate. They don’t listen to everything you have to say; they just latch on to the few, select words that pound them in the face. At which point they’ll say, “Right, right, right.” But really, they’ll have no idea what I’m talking about. I’ll try anyway though. Lacing my words with as much adjectives as possible to ensure that he understands what I’m saying instead of receiving the head nod ignorance of those who work for our Publisher.


Instead of having to deal with this bloke, I would prefer to sit down with one of the

younger editors and give them a real quick overview. Generally, they’ll have a better understanding of how the web interface works instead of just pushing buttons and hoping things don’t blow up, they may actually have an idea what to do. That helps. Knowing something. Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home