Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Friday, April 15, 2005

Sports Night…how I miss thee


I am missing the undeniable wit that was Sports Night. And while The West Wing

utilizes a verily similar wit, similar cast and use of spitfire dialogue it's just not the same. Both were created by Aaron Sorkin and he wrote many of the best episodes, but they exist on completely different planes. There’s something far too serious about the job the president does in contrast to the antics and general light-heartedness of being a sports anchor. Sports Night used jabs and constant one-liners to describe the life of working for a show on a third tier sports network and West Wing presents the dance of state affairs, personal strife and friendship being the elected official for an entire country. Light-hearted and comical versus heavy and exaggeratedly honest. I pick the light-hearted and comical. What can I say, hearing about issues in Bosnia as filtered through a television show just doesn’t appeal to me as much as two guys walking around in their underwear after being pranked or drunk co-workers dancing in an empty office to ‘Boogie Shoes.’


I can't believe that I so longingly miss a television show. I need to read more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home