Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Thursday, April 28, 2005

If you balls don’t stop bouncing and jiggling


Over the past week several people here have been purchasing large exercise balls to sit

on while they work. On my walk out the door or off to lunch I see them sitting on them, and not enjoying themselves. I have hear neither giggling at the fact that they can bounce with ease nor seen them rolling around on their stomachs. They all just sit there doing their specific task as they always would, and this puzzles me. As a complete schmuck, I have to say that this kind of activity would lead me to both giggle as I bounce and roll around on my stomach, as is evident the last time I interacted with one. Yet, this time I’ve been told that they help to reduce back pain, as you’re forced to sit upright, and help to build muscle in your abs, back and legs, and the idea of building muscles in my legs would be helpful as I try to rehab my way into optimum drumming form. The problem will be that pesky thing I like to call the outer child (No, I don’t have an inner child and outer adult, I have an outer child and an inner adult. I’ll explain… See, most people live their life as an adult, doing adult things and almost never releasing the ‘inner child’ that everyone is said to have within them. Me? I live my life as a child and at opportune times release my ‘inner adult’. It woks well while I’m at work, but as soon as I leave I’m a kid again…’booger’) that I’ve become so close to. It is who I am, and that will be a huge problem in my, apparent, quest to purchase and utilize an exercise ball here at work.


All that meandering aside, I’m probably just going to end up getting one this weekend,

and swapping back in forth between it and the chair that I’ve grown to hate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home