Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Friday, September 30, 2005

Hi, my name is David.


I started this a long time ago, and realized just how much my style and mindset has changed.


Past tense:

Sweat through dress shirts; screen staring; bathroom texted messages; obsessive behaviors ignored; fascination turns to shoulder shrug; gallons of water; sighs in front of drum sets; exorbitant energy bills; health concerns; new co-worker/friends; cheering for the O’s while listening to the game on XM radio; glares at my roommate from a far; ignoring important responsibilities; my first ‘crash’ hospital visit; Every Time I Die; hibachi steaks; oblivious, head tilted listening to my boss’ demeaning speak; new car; quick, unnecessary movements; extended, boredom induced bathroom breaks; indecisiveness.


At the tone, the time will be:

Off season indifference; itchy beard; my job being taken away from me and given to a man who has no idea what he’s doing; general indifference; iPod Nano; “unnecessary” tears that form and disappear; bears; shaking; mlb gameday; through the screen staring; painful boredom; future tense thoughts; new job question marks; slightly homesick; podcast planning; having to train the guy who will be taking my job; moody, brooding behavior that no one sees; graphic design work done and launched; shoulder pains; robots; Bahá’í softball planning.


In later ticks of the watch my hope is:

Ease; calm; softball Saturdays; admiration turns into something meaningful; rethinking what it is to be a Bahá’í; mustached Halloween parties; happiness from a new source; Death Cab for Cutie; podcast blog and boredom destruction; visiting the family and friends; long phone conversations; Marjorie Fair; issues and responsibilities hammered out; sweaters; blankets; authoring rethought; Hum.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you should write more often.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger David Precht said…

    I have nothing to write about most of the time. Especially when I'm feeling kind of "low," if you know what I mean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home