Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Friday, June 24, 2005

Still Need More Sleep


This wasn’t the easiest post to write for some reason


Inner and outer dialogue regarding when I am to get married aside, the

wedding went well. My little sister and I walked down the isle, with the wedding party behind us, a bit late, and it took Amir waving for us to go to get us to even start; hey, we didn’t know. The ceremony took place in the tropical encapsulate of the hotel, directly in the middle of it all. Before anything had even begun, my sister was telling me how worried she was that the ‘bing’ from the exposed elevators would be a distraction while the readers read prayers of celebration and marriage. I kept telling her that she should be far more concerned with some drunk, jackass walking out of his room, yelling about jumping in the pool directly behind us, or large, scantily clad Europeans as spectators like while we took photos with the bridal and groom’s parties. It was funny to see Tajalli’s beaming smile, walk down the aisle with her soon-to-be husband. They both looked at each other from their individual chairs, and my mother started crying. Shirin, went up and said her prayer beautifully and the marriage of Tajalli and Amir progressed on without incident.


Directly after the ceremony, each party ran to take care of last minute crap;

layout of food, photographer and a mic for speeches during dinner. Our friends and family moved first into the reception hall, directly behind another reception hall where another wedding had taken place chirping about how beautiful Tajalli and how handsome Amir looked. We all converged on the 5th floor, where the brides maids and my sister had gotten ready, to congratulate and hug and be happy.


By the time we convened to the hall, Taj and Amir had been announced and

they took their seats at the elevated table in the front of the room with his and my parents. My mom whipped away and fought back even more tears as they sat down, and my dad just stood and applauded. She and he deserved it. I’m proud of them both.


On Friday night they drove down to Chicago to spend the night with my

family before leaving for Porto Rico. That’s all I’ve got. Sorry that I wasn’t able to capture the whole event better, it just all seems like a blur of white dress and black and red bowties.


Again, congratulations Amir and Tajalli!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home