Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Thursday, May 05, 2005

To wrap


So, I've had a tough time writing anything in this blog as my days have been filled with

test-drives of websites, and meetings regarding the implementation of new software. We yesterday and unwound talking about Family, Futurama, KISS, AC DC and a variety of other topics, laughing and trying to hide yawns and exhausted glances at watches. But I digress. Here's what has happened in recent days.


On Sunday I hurt my back, again, while stretching and riding the bike. Still hurts, but

it's not as bad as it was as I started stretching twice a day and plan on biking again tonight. After that Payam, Samir, Layla and I went out to the ballpark to eat and watch the game from the Rawlings Sports Restaurant. From there Payam went off to work while Layla, Samir and I bought standing room only tickets for the game, and found a few seats near the back. Then we heard a message from the announcer on high, ‘Just as a reminder folks, today, after the game, you’re all invited to run the bases…” Layla and I looked at each other slowly and started cheering; Samir just sat there because he didn’t care…because he’s a party pooper. Regardless, after the game we entered a massive line winding up the stairs on the first base line. Layla and I busied ourselves with conversations about various baseball centered topics while Samir stood around complaining about how stupid it all was. We just ignored them completely, and then ran the bases.


It was one of the most amazing things ever. We walked out onto the dirt and watched

children with their parents trot around the bases, tagging each one with their toe like the ballplayers. I could imagine the players looking on from afar giving the play-by-play on who ran the bases the best. Anyway, I wanted to slide into home but the overwhelming crowd around the plate for pictures deterred me, so I tagged in, took pictures and exited stage left.


Since then, at work, I’ve been test-driving a website that we’ll be using for article

submissions. We’ve gone from the creation of the idea for an article, to the assignment of an author, to editing on through to publishing. With an array of bugs found along the way, the end product seemed relatively solid and formed. It was even requested of me to work from home Tuesday night and Wednesday morning to test the site on a Mac.
From there, I’ve been typing up a complete list of all the events and new products for our members and the public to view on the site, and looking forward to my flight into Chicago on Friday night for my sister’s graduation and to surprise her.


Anyway, that’s all from me for now. I’ll try to post more tomorrow, and edit what little

I sprinkled last night; provide an explanation for, really.


Bye now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home