Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Monday, March 28, 2005

Thoughts of Baltimore or Shuffle Shuffle


Since I have yet to hear whether my job is secure or not I’ve begun thinking out my

options. Last week I spoke with Tom about where I am, about Lesa’s total incompetence and the idea of getting her fired. He began hinting that a job at LWW, our publisher, wouldn’t be such a bad idea. That I could do Lesa’s job, and that I should keep the idea in my mind for later. Truth is, Baltimore wouldn’t be too bad. I have family out there, their office is in the Ballpark at Camden Yards (they’re on Camden Street) and the music scene is pretty bumpin’. The only real problem was the real draw for me to transition down to Texas, a roommate and friends at hand. I’m not doubting my ability to make new friends in a city like Baltimore, it’s more that I could shrugging off the friends I have here in Texas like I did those in Chicago. And I’m not so sure I can do that. I miss those folks up there. A lot of them were really great friends who I would feel honored to have make comments at my wedding, only to have the mic turned off while they told a story about me jump kicking a copier or something like that. Down here, I’m starting to have those same bonds. P and V are good kids, and when Shahed visits it’s like “the lime and the mango having the love”. It’s just a weird situation with weird twists and shouts and annoying neighbors who don’t speak English. I guess that’s life though. The way of the world. Shift and run and sit and shift and run. I guess I’m just concerned where I’ll end up, and what kind of person I’ll find myself and with whom. So many decisions to make without an end in site, and the prospect of moving to Baltimore to work for a medical publishing company; to take the place of a woman who knew nothing about publishing, but has her masters in it.


I suppose I’ll be riding the wave on this one, waiting for it to settle on the shore.

Cryptic much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home