Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Friday, September 02, 2005

News sources as a source of misinformation...again

So far I've seen quite a few cars that could be displaced from the New Orleans

area around the Arlington and Dallas area. But the real issue that I've had to deal with is people calling those people refugees. Umm, they're not refugees. The whole idea of calling them refugees cogitates something completely different for me than people who had to flee from their homes for a short time. Refugees, for me, tend to be people who are forced out of their homes indefinitely. These people will be able to go back to the New Orleans area within a couple weeks not a few years.

Actually, the pure definition of the word is very different than news

reporters are suggesting.


From dictionary.com: ref·u·gee (n.) One who flees in search of refuge, as in times of war, political oppression, or religious persecution.


Sorry, I’ll get off my soap box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home