Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Thursday, May 19, 2005

No one's sat there for over a month...


On walking in this morning I was greeted by a new face. She told me her

name, but I'm too tired to remember it, and explained that she was a temp through Addecco, the temp service here. I smiled and nodded politely and told her that she’ll probably be extended, “Most people are.” She laughed and said that she hoped so. Yeah, I heard that, but generally people who enter that cube behind me leave just as quickly. First, there was the woman who obviously had no idea how to operate Microsoft Office and asked me unbearable questions like how to save, print and open files. Second, there was the woman who didn’t eat or leave her desk for an entire day. She talked with me about her cold and cough, and I sympathized with her. Lasted two days. Now, there’s this one. She seems a lot more capable despite having people come in and out of her cube explaining software and asking simple questions about lunch and the like.


There’s nothing disparaging, I hope, or bad blood between myself and any of

the temps who come in here. I just find it odd that they leave so quickly. The idea of the temp is as a temporary worker within the environment, but I had no idea how brief a stint that meant. Two days as the average. Let’s see if this new one can make it to three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home