Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Friday, May 13, 2005

In the morning we’re awake but during the day we sleep


Today saw my brain flushing itself down the toliet. It's been a pretty painful day. No

meetings, just my brain not cooperating and reacting like a geriatric patient. The lights seem to bright, the phone too loud and there are children frolicking merrily on my lawn, and they must be destroyed. I’m not so sure that this is the best option open to me, the best avenue to drive with my constant ‘night-blindness,’ but that’s where I am; sadly. For the extent of the day I’ve had error messages, and am being told that the network is moving even slower than I am. Work is piling up on my ‘things-to-do’ list next to me. Glancing over only causes the further glazing over of my whole body; not just my eyes. I’m constantly looking over my shoulder to see who is walking by, in case I can strike up a conversation that might allow for the some movement in my brain cells. It doesn’t work.


This morning I was late because of a 16-or-so-wheel truck that had tipped over on an

on/off ramp onto 75. The insides lay open and exposed and surrounded by cautious police officers who moved like cavemen after a fresh kill. Had they killed it, was it going to burst into flames and cause even more damage to the on/off ramp? More than the five feet by two feet gash, unearthing the wire mesh of the concrete median. I drove by after a near half hour delay. Immediately after the accident drivers sprinted down the highway, knowing full well that police would be too busy dealing with the accident to pull them over for speeding. Yes, I followed, topping off at around ninety.


Something about tangents really appeals to me today. Maybe it’s the fact that I’m

feeling dumb as hell and nearly retarded. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home