Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Thursday, April 07, 2005

An email of my progress to my former employer, Mike. I thought it summed things up or something.


Mike,


Interestingly enough, I just received your email. Apple’s .Mac service hasn’t been working for me at all for over a month now. It’s kind of driving me crazy. Anyway, hello!
Regarding the phone issue, I can’t synch the Blackberry up to my Mac, that I know of, but I’m hoping that they create a patch soon. I’ve actually been having issues with my phone since I moved down here and had to have a new one sent out to me. This new phone is doing the same thing, and I’ll probably have to send it back for a new one. So, my stock in Blackberry’s has dropped dramatically. I don’t know much about the Treo 650, but I’m guessing that it is far more likely to be able to synch with the Mac. It uses Palm OS 5.4 which can be used with Macs, I think.
I suppose I’m settled now, still a lot of boxes full of books and CDs laying about or stacked up in my closet. Other than that I really enjoy it here. The morning drive can be a bit of a bitch, taking up to an hour and half to get from my front door to work, but I’ve figured out traffic patterns. That, and I’m going about 85 weaving through traffic. Sounds like I’m a madman or a bad driver, but, seriously, it’s the only way I can make it here in the mornings in under an hour.
The AHA is pretty rad. Things are night and day compared to the AAP. All publishing is taking place in Baltimore by people with whom bane can be the only word to describe my feelings towards. We’ve had to call them about so many screw-ups over the past two months that I’m beginning to question leaving AHA and working there. Just to ensure that the job is done properly.
Anyway, I’m off to construct some endorsement pages and prepare some reports for the fast approaching SPC conference. If you could pass a hello to everyone for me I would appreciate it. Other than that, I hope everything is going well in Chicago.


Take care,
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home