Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Monday, August 29, 2005

The Important Things


For as long as I can remember people have been telling me that they know me.

They either know who I am or what I'm all about, but I'm beginning to question if many actually do. After all, what make up a person are experiences and memories of the "important things,” not always the overt. The things that we keep with us forever, the shreds of a day that meant something, one way or another. This is what makes us. These are the “important things.”


Conversations have ended with me surrendering to someone as they inform

me that they have a grip on what made me tick and boom and operate the way that I do. Presentation apparently gave way to someone thinking that they’ve completely mined me out and gathered up enough of a stockpile to decidingly proclaim understanding. Is presentation it though? Are the actions performed by a person always real and orderly enough for someone to have a construct or structure created? I think not.


The idea is that the way in which we react and act, the stories we tell paint a

very vivid picture as to assemble who we are for others. The problem with that mentality is that we’re missing out on all the things that we haven’t talked about. There are limitless stories to be told, millions of instances where something affected us enough to warrant a conversation with another person and countless times where we have presented ourselves in a false enough light to shadow a part of ourselves. With these factors involved, who’s to say that we ever will know anything about a person? Married couples learn more about each other with every moment. When he was a child he eat paste to when she was in middle school she feel from the climbing rope in gym class and broke her arm. Is there any way to collect all of these situations? I doubt it.


What about those hidden things that we wish no one to know about happy or

sad? The memory that most often comes to mind when I discuss happiness is not one that I have shared with anyone save the people who were there to experience it with me. It is one of these moments where we ourselves. It’s here where someone might be able to say that they know more having heard this story then they had accrued before. Then we can begin to suggest that we know anything about another person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home