Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Coughs for the doctor/ex-girlfriend


The doctor’s office was cold under the blue paper/clothe robe. A low A/C breeze ran up my leg as I lied on the examination table having my stomach questioned for tenderness then my feet for reflexes and a “feeling” test with the other side of the hammer; to rule out nerve damage or loss of sensation. She noticed the flat, red injection points on my stomach like never disappearing wounds as she asked where I give myself shots day-to-day. The breeze crept in on the right side. I discussed my apprehension to inject into my rear after a doctor nearly missed six years ago causing sciatic nerve issues down into my big toe on my right side, but how recently I had decided to do it anyway. She nodded as she propped me up, lowering the extender from the table and applying pressure to my lymph nodes and the tips of my shoulder blades. Asking if I felt discomfort, the breeze ran down my invisible hairs on my back. With a tongue depressor to hold open each ear and the otherside to view my throat for the second time she mentioned a red stripe at the top of my mouth moving down. I told her I had been coughing a lot, and was beginning to notice a discomfort when swallowing. She told me it was probably nothing, I guess I agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home