Ghost Precht

A dumping ground for the inane...

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Am I devoid of compassion


Note that this is a statement


There arises a problem of epic proportions that I must tend to. See, tonight

the (first place) Rangers will be playing the (last place) Royals in a battle that will no doubt be full of homers and line-drive base hits to the outfield; plus Kenny Rogers is pitching, and he’s one of the most exciting pitchers in baseball right now. As well, tonight is my cousin’s graduation party. Thus a problem is created.


My cousins and I have had a bit of a falling out for a few years now, but

baseball and I can’t have a falling out. That is, unless my O’s fall out of first place and plummet, due to injuries not doubt, into the chasm of the American League Eastern Division. I’m not seeing this as a problem as their injuries remain entirely unserious, save Javy Lopez’s unfortunate hand injury leaving him out of the line-up for six weeks. Of course, my cousins have laid their superiority complex on me every time I grace their presence. Therefore, it is safe to say that it will be tricky for me to give up on baseball due to its mostly firm standings in the annals of my cranium. So, I will, undoubtedly, be attending my cousin’s graduation from high school. It will no doubt be a long and arduous event where I will sit there next to Ray and Omed, mapping out the band that we are planning to create. Relatively unpainful in the grander sense, yes. I will be regretting my decision in the long run, but when my car gets here and I am driving it around, completely without them, I will be happy. And that’s all one man can ask for. Isn’t it? That, and hundreds of women. Ah, I stand corrected.


Did I mention that the party that appeared at our apartment last night kept

me up until all hours of the night? I’m sure I mentioned that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home